Friday, July 23, 2004

 

Laser and Ali Javan

There is a lot of advantage for you when your father is a professor at an institution called MIT. In the middle of Cambridge and across the Charles River and Boston metropolitan. One of those advantages is that you have the opportunity to meet a lot of famous people such as Nobel Prize Laureates, Pulitzer and Alfred P. Sloan winners.

Amongst those famous people I have liked one of them so much, Yes, Ali Javan who made the first beam of laser (The gas laser) and introduced that to the world. I have seen Javan a couple of times in MIT's hallways, with his smile you can easily figure out that he is your type, you know him but he doesn't know you. You'll come closer and with an special sixteen years old smile say "Salam". He gaze at you and says "Salam" but with an English accent. It is natural, he has lived in this country since 1949 but it is enough that he has a persian root to answer you. He has not forgot himself but he have some roots in here as well. He asked me to introduce my self and I did "Seyed Mansouri" originally from Iran and major of EE+Physics and electrical eng. at University of Illinois, again he stared at me and said then what are you doing here! What do you thing I said? I just said that it is summer and I am waiting for september to go back to university.
Unfortunately our conversation end up just before we get to talk a little bit more, and he gave me his e-mail address to e-mail him if I had any further question.
If it is the first time that you hear the name of Ali Javan Click Here


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Creative Commons License
Web Blog Pinging Service

Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign

Iranian Webbloggers Abroad Group