Friday, July 23, 2004

 

Philosopher

Well, my passion for philosophy has always led me to think, understand and analyze better. Again this year I could find one interesting person for my passion. Yes! Professor Sohrab Alavinia a visiting scholar from Iran who studies philosophy of quantum mechanics at Harvard University. A graduate of University of Teheran and University of London and a faculty member of Shahid Beheshti University which is located in Teheran, Iran.
 
I find out about his presence after my dear friend Mohsen told me about him. He is pretty knowledgeable and patience. With his simple manner everybody would love to talk to him. I have learned a lot as I sat with him and listened to him, when he talks about Hegel, Russel, Plato, ... all the ones that I have read; it just helped me to understand those great philosophers better. He helped me to understand rhetoric better. He is just amazing, I hope some day I can go to Iran and sit in his classes about Russel and make a comparison between what I have seen and what I got involved here at Haravrd University.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Creative Commons License
Web Blog Pinging Service

Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign

Iranian Webbloggers Abroad Group